Good News Health Care Center
BAL BASERA SEVA SANSTHAN provides essential services to the people living with HIV in collaboration and support of government and non-government organizations for the last long period. Through this institution, work is done to link the appropriate medical facility treatment education counseling as well available government social security schemes to the people suffering from this type of infection. At the same time, proper efforts are being made to awareness and prevent HIV/AIDS by organizing rally seminars and community meetings. At present, there are 7000 people suffering from HIV in Jodhpur district, out of which 300 are children.
Owing to HIV infection, opportunistic infections occur frequently in children. Children have to be taken to the hospital daily by the institution for treatment of occasional opportunistic infection due to HIV infection in children. At present, ART center is being run in the Disease Infectious Center under Jodhpur Medical College for the treatment of HIV-infected people, but due to disruption in government medical facilities and flood of excessive patients, HIV infected people cannot get proper medical care. And people living with HIV, mainly in government hospitals, the following types of challenges Mechanical and face problems.
- Absence of Doctor (At present there is only single doctor in ART center, Jodhpur)
- Doctors have no experience in the field of HIV AIDS Doctors working in the hospital do not receive HIV/ AIDS training.
- Blood tests and other required routine species do not happen on time.
- There is no availability of medicines to prevent opportunistic infections at the city center.
- There is no quality in the available medicines
- Due to the excess of patients in the outdoor, due to lack of proper medical facilities.
- In private hospitals due to HIV infection, children and other people could not get better treatment due to discrimination.
- HIV infected children continue to be at risk of other infections due to excessive infection due to absence of sanitation in government hospitals
- Children's school is affected due to hospital time from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm
- In case of emergency, HIV-positive children have to face many types of problems and discrimination in receiving proper treatment.
The challenges and problems, which BAL BASERA SEVA SANSTHAN has been facing over the last a few years have been brought to the notice of hospital administration and the state government from time to time, but there is no improvement. So the Good News Health Care Centre was inaugurated. Initially this centre has 100 children and 100 women are provided medical facility. This centre is fully equipped with modern facility and experienced doctors, nurses and medical staff are providing their services. Women and children are benefited with this centre. Children and women registered here get free care, counselling and treatment. The centre also has a computer lab where children are provide computer education. This is first of its own kind centre in Rajasthan for the help of HIV infected women and children.
- Group Counseling
- Family Testing of HIV
- TB Screening
- Emergency Referral Service
- Women Support Group Meeting
- Telephonic Follow up & Counseling
- HIV Specialist doctor visits
Overall Achievements :
Good News Health Care Centre is fully equipped with modern facility and experienced doctors, nurses and medical staff are providing their services. Women and children are benefited with this centre. Children and women registered here get free care, counselling and treatment. The centre also has a computer lab where children are provide computer education. This is first of its own kind centre in Rajasthan for the help of HIV infected women and children.
Good News Health Care Center has provided with easily accessible and quality medical and health care services to the HIV infected women and children. Now they do not have to face the discriminatory attitude of the Government operated and other health care centers. They also do not have to wait for long hours just to be able to access medical help for minor infections. This has provided better living conditions for these needy women and children.